Thursday 8 October 2015

Garden - Patrica Basson


Hello dear Blogfriends...

Spring has made it to our front door and it has the promise of being a very warm and dry summer season this year. I have many plants that have either not flowered at all, or flowered at the wrong time...One of them being my Azaleas...They should have flowered early August, but are only starting to flower now. I used BoBunny Papers from the Gabrielle Collection.








I painted my chipboard with paints from the Dusty in Colour collection. As you can see, I did some gradual shading using Mountain Meadow and Oceania on the foliage and Dusty Pink and Sugar Plum on the frame. I also embossed using Lindy's Stampgang Embossing Powders Desert Moon Turquoise, Tilt-O-Wheel-Teal, Pop Rock Purple and Raspberry Lemonade. 
The leaves from Foliage #3 tucked in between the flowers were painted with Navajo White and embossed with Deserts Moon Turquoise...



I recently bought some Mega gilding flakes and enjoy using them whenever I can, as you can see here on the stamped images on the paper!

The following photos will show you the paintwork on the frame...












I layered a piece of the Sweet Pea frame set to add a little interest...

These are the items used on the page...all of which are found in the Dusty Attic shop.






DA 0573




~~~~~

The glory of gardening,
 hands in the dirt,
 head in the sun,
 heart with nature.
 To nurture a garden
 is to feed not just on the body,
 but the soul.

Alfred Austin



Thank you for your visit...wishing bright and glorious days to you all...

4 comments:

  1. This is so gorgeous Patricia! I adore the colours and that chippy frame is so yum!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Heather...I do appreciate your comment!!!

      Delete
  2. Gorgeous work, love all the layers of chippies!! Beautiful done!

    ReplyDelete