Friday 17 April 2015

Lizzy Hill

Hullo my friends! This month Dusty Attic are sponsoring the wonderful CSI challenges! Today I'm showcasing the DUSTY ATTIC products I've used on my LO for Case File #161.
For the chippy, I used DUSTY ATTIC PAINTS in DENIM [this gave me the dark blue from the Case File].
On the background I've used the CASHMERE paint, & did the ombre effect by adding some ALABASTER paint....but it's a bit more subtle than I was aiming for!
I've only used tiny pops of  the other colours. But they are there!
 My Evidence includes DA STARS, metal [butterflies, staples and fuse wire. Yes, you heard right!], & circles.
My circles are circle shaped, rather than actual circles. I'll show you.
Then it will make sense!
I've used the VINE FRAME #1, plus the 'waste' from them as well! Works a treat. Waste not, want not & all that guff:)
And cos I'm a lazy scrapper [& proud of it!]. Sometimes I simply STAPLE my chippy into place. Like this:
So, a couple of closies - the metal butterflies were originally bronze coloured. I've heat embossed them white to follow the colour scheme:
 And lastly, a chippy title using part of the LIVE BEAUTIFULLY set:
I really LOVE the CSI Challenges! I hope if you haven't seen them before, you pop on over & give them a go:)
Thanks for looking & happy scrapping ~ Lizzy Black heart (cards)Black heart (cards)Black heart (cards)

CHALLENGE POST:
Hullo my fellow scrappers! This month's Dusty Attic challenge is really lovely:
I went with some of the colours in the palette, working with the Dusty Attic FLOWERS PAINTS.
I created two cards:
For the base of this card I started with some stencilling, then dabbed on some watered down DA raisin paint using a bit of paper towel!
Then using my finger, I rubbed on some CASHMERE watered down paint:
Added some stamping, then some yummy DUSTY ATTIC FLOWERS:
The flowers I've used are SMOKEY BLUE , VINTAGE ROSE and EVENING BLUSH.
I gessoed, then added some splats of more watered down DA paints:
My second card is similar.
On both cards I've used Mini Bird Cage #2 chippy, with Elegant Swirls # 3 & #13:
 I coated the chipboard in Gesso, then added some DA paints:
My whole card:
I hope this helps inspire you to join in our Dusty Attic challenge - the $100 DA goodies prize is pretty amazing, I reckon!
Thanks for looking & happy scrapping ~ Lizzy Black heart (cards)Black heart (cards)Black heart (cards)
PS: Said with a poker straight face:
 "It would appear I have a new found affinity with both purple AND flowers.....
who'd have thought??!!"

1 comment:

  1. Lizzy I adore all of these! The layout is fab - I love the zaniness of it. And the cards are scrumdelicious!

    ReplyDelete