Wednesday 28 January 2015

Journal cover - Lisa Gregory



I am over the moon excited to be sharing my very first Dusty Attic project with you! I am what you call a Dusty Attic Fanatic. I had  a wonderful collection of gorgeous Dusty Attic product before my Design Team package arrived, so I was able to complete the cover for this mini album on time for my post today.
Before I added my elements to my cover, I used a mask and some texture paste to give the cover a textural feel.  I added the Mini Corner #2 to the corners of the album..


The flowers I used are Dusty in Bloom Wild Moss. To finish the frame and the corner pieces, (I only  used 1 piece of the frame and will save the base for another project) I painted the pieces  by combining 2 different Dusty In Color paints.  Dusty in Colour Oceania and Dusty in Colour Jungle Green. I used more blue than green. Once I mixed the 2 together, I painted the frame. When the paint dried, I used some Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish. Once the frame was dry and crackled, I used the Vintage Photo distress ink on the edges. I placed the photo behind the framed window.



To adorn the spine, I cut off  2 pieces of the French Flourish Border and butted them together. I heat embossed the pieces with Lindy's Stamp Gang Embossing powder in Desert Moon Turquoise.
  Then I used some Ranger distress ink in Vintage Photo on the edges and adhered the pieces to the spine.



Once again, I mixed together Dusty in Colour Oceania Dusty in Colour Jungle Green and painted the spine that I cut from Grunge Bord. I love using it because it is flexible. Perfect for  mini album spine. I love the color and wanted some shimmer, so I sprayed it with Lindys Royal Peacock Fire Glitz Spray. It leaves a gorgeous bluish shimmer without changing the color of the paint.


The  mini keyhole pieces were heat embossed the same as above. I colored some seam binding and strung it through the holes I punched out with my Cropadile. I placed one piece on the front, and the other on the back covers.


Mini Corner #2
French Flourish Border

French Window Pane

Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish
Dusty in Colour Clear Gloss Varnish
 Dusty in Colour Oceania 
Dusty in Colour Jungle Green
Dusty In Bloom in Wild Moss

Remember you can purchase straight from the website now as well
HERE


You can visit my personal blog at What a Beautiful Mess.

2 comments:

  1. Wow this looks amazing, really love the colors and textures.. beautiful cover!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sensational project Lisa! Wow!

    ReplyDelete