Friday 23 May 2014

Post Card - Heather Jacob


Hello and welcome all my friendly scrappers. 
today I am sharing my May project for
Dusty Attic, the home of beautiful chipboard, color and blooms .
 
I decided to create quite a simple layout this month and allow the chipboard to dominate
 
'POST CARD'





 Baden and I  have been on lots of road trips
and one of our very fave places to explore is the Great Ocean Road
along the Victorian coast, with the magnificent Southern Ocean waves
 pounding the rugged limestone cliffs. 

This photograph was taken in the Ottway Ranges .
One of the many rainforest walks we have explored .
the tree ferns and undergrowth are breathtaking , so lush and dreamy.
I chose kraft paper to represents the earthy tones in the trees, branches and ground.
I added some random stamping on my background to create movement .





I wanted to mimic the colors and give a lush feel to the chippies.
I applied rusty hinge first then added some 
Dusty in color
Capri : DA0915

Dusty in color soot: DA0925


I layered them and then applied some crackle varnish .
This doubles as a finish and also keeps them together easily. 
The film strip and the numbers echo the thousands of  photos 
I have taken over our many years of travelling. 

 
DUSTY ATTIC CHIPBOARD 
Dusty in Colour Clear Crackle Varnish : DA 0900
Dusty in color Capri : DA0915
Dusty in color soot: DA0925
Filmstrips small: DA0935
 Mini Number grid : DA1073
Lavender : DA1001






I layered the chippies in a cluster and tied them with wedding wire and string.
I am really happy with the colors and varnish crackle effect .




 my blog


www.heatherartandlife.blogspot.com.au


thanks for looking and taking the time to leave me some love


until we meet again


big hugz from me xox














1 comment: