Friday 15 November 2013

You have the Key to my heart - Helena

Key
 
For this layout about my dh, I have used one of my all time favourite Dusty Attic pieces - the Decorative Scroll #1 (DA0213). I just love that this piece is in two parts, which gives it so much dimension and possibilities.
 
I know pink and purple aren't the most usual colors for a male layout, but then so are not flowers and I use them for boy/male pages all the time! I painted the scroll with Dusty in Colour, Sugar Plum (DA0908) and Dusty Pink (DA0907). I then used some white gesso on top to tone down the colors a bit.
 
For the title I used the Mini ABC set lower (DA0862), which I just kept raw.

Key detalj3

I have put my photo on top of the scroll and decorated with flowers around it.

Key detalj2

Here's a close-up of the scroll, painted in pink and white:

Key detalj

Some more close-ups for you:

Key detalj7

Key detalj5

I tied a white ribbon to the scroll and then just let it "flow" across my layout, and attached it with some flowers in the other end.

Key detalj4

The beautiful papers are from Maja Design.
Thanks for stopping by today!


 
 
Helena

No comments:

Post a Comment