Tuesday 18 June 2013

'Hearts' Collage ATC by DT Gabrielle Pollacco

ATC's (Artist Trading Cards) are such a fun thing to work on when you are in the mood for a little creativity without having to get into a huge scrappy project!  This months theme for the Dusty Attic ATC challenge is 'Collage'.  For me the first thing that comes to mind when thinking of the word collage is a combination of designs.  So I decided to take bits of scraps of paper I had left from some of my design team work with Maja Design papers and cut little squares of paper creating a patchwork quilt design.  I then wanted to create tiny 'treasures' from the Dusty Attic 'Mini Chipboard Heart Buttons'.  I began by first painting each of the hearts with a couple coats of the Dusty In Color paints (Navajo White).  Then I gave each of the buttons a slightly different treatment.
For the above button I edged the heart with some Chestnut brown chalk ink and applied some of the Dusty Attic Clear Crackle Varnish.  Then I fussy cut a butterfly from my patterned paper and applied it to the button.

For the next button (above) I used the rounded tip of an embossing tool dipped in a soft lavender nail polish (yep! I said nail polish, it was just the right color! lol) and made little polka dots on the white painted surface.  I then edges the heart button with some brown chalk ink and again applied some of the Dusty Attic Clear Crackle Varnish.  I finished it by tying on a small piece of twine in the button holes. 
For the third button I fussy cut a tiny rose design from my patterned paper and glued it onto the button.  Again, I edged the heart with some brown chalk ink and applied the Dusty Attic Crackle Varnish.  Here is a list of the products I used.
 
Supplies:
Dusty Attic: Mini Heart Buttons, Dusty In Color (Navajo White Paint, Clear Crackle Varnish), Dusty in Bloom (Mini Roses).
Other: Colorbox Chestnut Chalk Ink, Tim Holtz word stickers, Patterned paper: Maja Design (Vintage Spring Basics)
 
If you would like to play along in this months ATC challenge and have a chance at a great Dusty Attic design prize you can find the challenge info HERE!  Hope to see you at the challenge!

No comments:

Post a Comment