Friday 31 May 2013

'Happy Memories' Layout and Tutorial by DT Vicky Alberto

Vicky blogging today to share a layout (and tutorial below) that I created using the gorgeous Floral Frame Set (DA0576). I have been wanting to scrap this childhood picture of my husband and his brothers for so long and finally had the perfect paper and chipboard combination for it. The Happy Memories title (DA0732) was a perfect font and description of this fun fishing experience too.


For the floral piece, I randomly painted it with gesso, putting more in some places than others, especially on the flowers.

Next, I used light green and teal chalk ink. As you can see, the spots that had more gesso are much lighter than the others. This gives a more natural look than an all over wash of colour.

I then added some darker green and brown chalk ink and rubbed it with Q-tips to reveal the lighter colour underneath in several places (especially the middle of the teal flowers). Once dry, I glued the piece onto my paper and cut a bit of the right chipboard edge off that was hanging over.

Next, I filled in the middle of the flowers with baby blue Stickles glitter glue.

For the title, I simply inked the pieces with dark green chalk ink and then splashed some green Pesto paint (DA0918), here and there on it. I also added the paint to the felt leaves that surround the large brown flower. Adding the Pesto paint gave everything a moss look to it. I love the rustic look all of these techniques created to complement the nature setting of this picture (taken well over 30 year ago!).


Other products used:
Swirlydoos May 2013 "Hello Beautiful" kit (featuring Pink Paislee papers)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment