Friday 25 January 2013

January ATC's by: Robin & Vicky

Here are some more gorgeous "Fairies and Flutterbies" ATC's by: Robin, Vicky.

Robin Shakoor - Flutterby


“Good things come in small packages.”  I can’t think of a better way to describe an ATC.  This is my first but surely not my last.  I used the beautiful Butterflies #2 to adorn my sweet fairies as they flutter about on my arch shaped canvas.  I added bits of cheescloth which I sprayed pink and tucked it behind the fairies.
I painted the butterflies using Dusty in Colour Navajo White acrylic paint.  Once dry, I topped with clear crackle varnish.  As a final touch, I added Dusty in Colour Dusty Pink acrylic paint to the dried crackle finish and wiped away the excess to reveal a beautiful pink design going through my butterflies.
Thanks so much for visiting us today.
 
Dusty Attic Products:
Dusty in Bloom Bridal Veil: Code DA0805
Dusty in Colour Dusty Pink:  DA0907
Dusty in Colour Navajo:  DA0903
French Flourish Border:  Code DA0275
Butterflies #2 Code: DA0842
Clear Crackle Varnish:  DA0900
Other Products:  Graphic 45 Patterned Paper, Distress Ink, Tattered Angels Glimmer Mist and Viva Décor Pearl Pens.


Vicky Alberto - Flutterby Fountain


Artist trading cards (ATCs) are the perfect little canvas (2.5" x 3.5") to play with product and create a pretty embellishment to add to a layout or as a focal point of a card/tag. Here I have added a Dusty Attic chipboard fountain (DA0653), painted in white, that I topped with a mix of pale pink fine german glitter glass combined with coarser "diamond dust" -- to create a Parisian themed card (using Meg's Garden papers). I love how combining the two glass products gives a soft vintage effect.


Thanks for joining me on the blog today!
Vicky Alberto
http://simplypaperandcreativity.blogspot.ca



1 comment:

  1. Beautiful job on those ATCs ladies!! they are so creative and lovely! xo

    ReplyDelete