Saturday 26 January 2013

"Happy Girl" by Robin Shakoor DT




Hello everyone!
There is nothing I love more than one stop shopping and now The Dusty Attic offers everything you need.  Whether you need acrylic paint, flowers or that special crackle finish to accent your chipboard pieces, The Dusty Attic is at your service!  This page is filled with lovely layers and was definitely handmade with love.


I used a combination of Dusty Pink, Cranberry and Sunburnt Orange acrylic paints to create this beautiful color gradient on my border.


Among the delicate Dusty in Bloom flowers from the Bridal Veil collection, I added a crocheted butterfly, paper fans and flowers.


Here is a close-up photo of the butterfly from Butterflies #2 which I painted with Navajo White and Dusty Pink paint from Dusty in Colour.  Once the paint was dry, I applied a layer of Dusty Attic Crackle Varnish.


I stamped floral images behind my photos to add interest to my page.  I used a small blossom from the Bridal Veil collection as part of my photo corner.



The Dusty Attic

Dusty in Bloom – Bridal Veil
Dusty in Colour – Dusty Pink, Cranberry and Sunburnt Orange
Clear Crackle Varnish
Lace Border #2
Butterflies #2 

Other Supplies 

Stamps:  Stampendous 
Ink:  Stampin’ Up – Regal Rose, Artichoke
Resin Flourishes:  Melissa Frances
Die:  Sizzix
Floral Vine:  Prima
Brad:  My Mind’s Eye
Gesso:  Liquitex
Doilies:  Martha Stewart Crafts
Patterned Paper:  Pink Paislee, My Mind’s Eye
Glimmer Mist:  Tattered Angels - Key Lime, Rum Punch
Cheesecloth:  Craft Supply
Canvas Alphabet:  Prima

Thanks so much for joining me today.




1 comment:

  1. Such a beautiful layout Robin!! I love all the paint techniques and combinations you used on your chippies!! Beautiful work hon! xo

    ReplyDelete